Social and Emotional Aspects of learning
"My Child has Social, Emotional and/or Mental Health Needs."
This section includes all those young people who experience short but significant periods of high anxiety, stress, distress or anger that affect their education. It also includes young people who have a range of longer-term recognised mental health conditions.
For both groups, issues can include:
- Forming and maintaining relationships
- Attitudes to attainment
- Life outside school
What support can we offer?
All students at Wellacre can access:
- Quality First teaching with appropriate differentiation.
- Access to homework support clubs.
- Access to assessment for identification of significant needs.
- Whole school Reward and Achievement policy
- Whole school policy for behaviour management.
- Anti-bullying policy
- A wide variety of lunchtime and after school activities.
Targeted students can access:
- Breakfast club.
- Year 6 into 7 Vulnerable Transition programme
- Intervention groups (all years)- behaviour/social skills/self esteem/stress management delivered via the Pastoral Assistants and the Inclusion Centre
- Access to an additional adult's support in some lessons .
- Year 7 nurture tutor group.
- RELATE counselling service
- Alternative Curriculum at KS4
- Peer mentoring
- Post 16 transition support.
- Access to support from a Pastoral Assistant (Mentoring)
- Individual Education Plan with allocated key worker
*Please note: These options need to be agreed upon for each student in conjunction with parents/carers and then regularly reviewed/modified.
Targeted Individual support can access:
- 1:1 mentoring with a Pastoral Assistant or external specialist (360 mentoring, CCF, TDAS etc)
- Outside agency input (e.g. Educational Psychologist,Youth Offending Team, CAMHS, 42nd Street, MST)
- Flexible timetables.
- Trafford High School step out- support for students at risk of permanent exclusion.
- Support from Safeguarding Team / school nurse.
- Looked After Child support.
- Support through the Inclusion Centre as required.
- Support with careers and transition post 16.
- Exam Access Arrangements
- Termly review of progress to inform intervention.
*Please note: These options need to be agreed upon for each student in conjunction with parents/carers and then regularly reviewed/modified