Commitment to Learning
1: A student with Excellent commitment to learning...
• Actively participates in the lesson and is fully engaged at all times;
• Actively seeks feedback on how to improve the quality of their work;
• Shows great resilience and perseveres with all challenges, even when they are difficult; Tries to sort out problems themselves;
• Manages their own time and is highly self-disciplined;
• Uses their initiative and doesn’t always need to be told what to do;
• Goes above and beyond what the teacher asks of them.
2: A student with Good commitment to learning...
• Shows a good interest in the learning, and is attentive and focused;
• Completes work to the expected standard; responds well to feedback;
• Shows resilience and is willing to persevere when things are difficult;
• Has a go even when unsure of how to complete something;
• Takes responsibility for themselves and their work; is well organised;
• Willingly does all that is asked of them, and sometimes more.
3: A student with Insufficient commitment to learning...
• Often participates in lessons and is generally well-behaved, BUT:
• May not try hard enough to improve their work after feedback;
• Shows some resilience but might give up when things are difficult;
• Mostly on-task but may need reminding to start work;
• Completes most tasks but level of effort might be inconsistent;
• Does the minimum that is asked of them, but not much more.
4: A student with Poor commitment to learning...
• Makes little effort to be involved in the lesson and may disrupt the learning of others instead;
• Fails to act on feedback, and as a result may make little progress;
• Is not interested in being challenged, and may give up without trying;
• Spends an inadequate amount of time on tasks and takes little pride in their work;
• Takes little or no responsibility for their own learning and progress.