Business & Finance Support
Wellacre has a well- established, professional Finance& Business Management service. We have been providing services to schools across Trafford for over 6 years. Our client base has grown year on year and our services are highly rated with Principals and Headteachers.
The service offers a consistently high level of support, and exceptional value for money, delivered by experienced and fully qualified Business Managers. We will create a bespoke package tailored to your individual schools’ needs.
Why have the support of a School Business Manager?
‘The role of Headteacher has become increasingly complex. In addition to leading teaching and learning, heads are expected to manage the budget, oversee the premises and even keep an eye on school dinners. School business managers are, essentially, a sensible alternative to the Headteachers managing these time consuming responsibilities themselves. Business Managers are a means of ensuring that schools make the best use of all their resources and facilities, which is essential if our children and young people are to achieve their best.’ National College.
What can the Wellacre Academy Business and Finance Support Team offer me?
• Excellent value for money
• School to school support
• Qualified and experienced Business Managers who understand your needs
• Staff with extensive experience of school financial software
• Direct contact and access to your Business Manager
• The flexibility to address your requirements at short notice, whenever is convenient for you
• Insider knowledge; through reputation gained in providing our service to a significant number of local schools over several years
• Frequency of visit to suit your school’s needs
What Services are available from the Wellacre Academy Business and Finance Support Team?
The services that we offer include:
• Regular Written Reports & Budget Monitoring
• 3-5 Year Budget Plans
• Payroll Reconciliations/Identification of Discrepancies
• Tendering on behalf of schools to obtain discounts and savings
• Review and submission of annual SFVS
• Improving financial processes, strengthening internal controls
• Year End Reconciliations and processes
• CFR (Consistent Financial Reporting) Submission and Reporting
• Attendance and Presentation at Finance Committees
• File Transfer and Reconciliations
• Bank Reconciliations
• VAT Submissions
• SIMS.net Personnel Data Maintenance
• Management of SIMS
• Corresponding budgets for school improvement/development plans
• Governor Training
• Academy Conversion
• Expert support and guidance for your academy or school on all aspects of financial management.
• Resources and tools for effective forward financial planning, forecasting and budget monitoring.
• Benefit from an established and skilled finance team.
• Guidance on financial procedures.
• In depth knowledge and experience of the school environment.
Do I have to sign up to a long contract?
We are extremely confident in the level of service we can provide to your school and are assured that having used our service, you will remain satisfied with our level of support. Your contract will be for 12 months from September to August, however if you do wish to terminate this for any reason we require 3 months’ notice.
How many days support will I receive?
As few or as many as your establishment requires, our service is extremely flexible, and we can accommodate your needs in line with your school improvement priorities.
“The support we receive from Wellacre is excellent. It saves hours of our time, prevents sleepless nights and is all done with a keen awareness of the particular needs of our school.”
Mrs Clover, Park Road Sale Primary School (Primary Academy)
“Our school has found the support offered hugely beneficial. The service ensures that budgeting priorities
are always closely tailored to the needs of the school, and is able to simplify many of the complexities that can arise. My Governing Body have been hugely grateful for the training they have received, as they do not have a 'finance background', yet they are now able to support the school in the finance side of the development plan with much greater confidence.”
Mr Tomlinson, Wellfield Junior School
"The service we receive is of a high quality and is tailored to our school's needs, providing invaluable help, advice & support to the finance and business management of our school. I would highly recommend this service to other Headteachers and Governing Bodies"
Mr Hitchcock, Headteacher, St Marys Church of England
Queries and Contacts:
Mrs Karen Smyth –Lead School to School Business Manager
School: 0161 748 5011 Ext 208